A Peek into the CHS Yearbook Club

The CHS Yearbook Club documents the eventful and fun moments of high school through their skillful photography, interviews, and graphic design.

The yearbook club might just be the oldest in the school. Currently, they are writing the 2021-2022 yearbook; making it 100 years of yearbook creation.

“It’s always kind of been a thing,” Editor Kendall Spink (‘22) said. “We’re on the 100th edition of the yearbook, so it’s been going on for quite a bit.”

Why have a yearbook club though? Many schools produce their yearbooks without any student involvement. So how does student involvement make a difference?

“Well, I think if students run the club there’s more diverse coverage, and there’s more personality to the book,” Editor Lindsay Favre (‘24) said. “You get to see things from a student’s eye view–which is how you would see it reading [a CHS yearbook] in 20 years.”

The club also teaches skills like photography and interviewing. As of now, five editors are working on the yearbook along with staff members that come in and out of the club.

“The club kind of fluctuates throughout the year because we don’t like to keep people combined all year,” Editor Megan Boughton (‘23) said. “We know they have other obligations. I think right now we have about 10 or 15 staff members, which is a good turnout for the beginning of the school year.”

As of now, the club is advised by Laura Woodruff who was part of her yearbook club when she was in high school. She helps guide students in the yearbook creation, but for the most part, the club is mostly student-run.

“There’s nothing more authentic than you, as a student, producing a printed book,” Woodruff said. “I think that’s really important.”