The Bleu Print

To Future AP Test Takers

Ava Mater, Bleu Print Staff

Ok so unless you have not turned on your TV or surfed online or haven’t been outside of your house, you should know that Marvel studios just had their ten year anniversary. How did they celebrate this? They celebrated this by giving us the entire cast of the well known Marvel cinematic universe–that’s right, just about every character makes an appearance. But before I get too far into this, I want to tell you to see the movie because I might have to go into some details so everyone can appreciate this review.

The first thing I want to talk about is the opening scene. We get the Marvel logo and everything but something is different; it has no uplifting music at the beginning. just some very low notes followed by a person crying for help. This stood out to me because in every movie where the good guys win it usually starts out with positive music–well, at least Marvel movies do. So I started to think: is Marvel going to make good on the promise that this movie will change things for the franchise? Then I thought, they’re going to kill iron man aren’t they? I won’t say if they did, all I will say is go see the movie.

Also this isn’t as important as the other stuff I’ll talk about but I feel like people should know this; James Gunn director of the two Guardians of the Galaxy movies, wrote the dialogue for the Guardians cast in the movie. This just makes everything they say and feel so real–he knows how the characters would react to any kind of comment or action, so they had him do it. I mean come on, that’s just a good idea.

The next thing I want to talk about is the heroes and the villains in the movie because they’re great. Marvel has always received some criticism from fans about its villains–most say that most aren’t compelling or will not even matter after the movie ends. Well lately, they’ve been on a hot streak with villains like Vulture and Killmonger and now Thanos. In this movie they really made him well-rounded and interesting; he is trying to destroy half the universe because on his planet everyone died due to overpopulation. Thanos truly believes that he is bettering the universe by destroying most of it. This might seem like a lazy way of trying to show what he is doing, but I think it works in this context. And finally the heroes: they are at their very best in this movie. The charisma each character has with each other moves in a very fluid way, even for people that are meeting each other for the first time.

That’s all I have to say about the movie for now. Feel free to write any snappy comments about the movie, ones either good or bad.