Theatre Guild Decides On the Spring Play

The Chelsea High School Theatre Guild has decided what the spring play performance will be: Clue.

Clue was originally a murder-mystery board game of the same name, and it has now been adapted into both a play and a movie. The aim of the game is to either figure out which of the players is the murderer, or to hide the fact that you yourself are the murderer!

In both the play and the movie, the audience watches as the actors act out what the game would be like. Characters get killed off, clues are found, and actors try to find out who the killer is.

Characters in the game and the performances are also named after the original game pieces’ colors, some examples being Miss Scarlett (red), Colonel Mustard (yellow), and Professor Plum (purple).

In Theatre Guild’s performance, audiences will see CHS students become these colorful characters and perform a truly wonderful rendition of Clue.

Auditions will be in the auditorium, February 11th and 12th, from 3:15 pm-5:30 pm.

Students wanting to audition will have to memorize a monologue to audition with. The monologue should be comedic or dark comedic and run for 60-90 seconds. Clue has characters for every type of actor, from the manipulative butler, the dinner party host, and a whole crew of suspects, all with their own secrets.

Students who want to be a part of the play but not on stage are also encouraged to join Theatre Guild. The tech crew is always growing and just as important as the actors. It’s a good place for students who are interested in lighting, sound, or helping to design the sets.

“The Theatre Guild is a great group of people, and we’re constantly laughing our way through rehearsals, especially for spring play,” director for the Theatre Guild Paige Conway says.

Any questions can be sent to Paige Conway at [email protected], or to Madilynn O’Hara (President), Carolyn Pierce (Vice President), Emily Rosolowski (Secretary), Julia Schachinger (Scribe), or Katie Moore (Underclassman Rep).

Performances will be Friday, April 5th and Saturday, April 6th at 7pm, in the WSEC Auditorium.