The Bleu Print

School Involvement

Okay, admit it. When deciding whether or not you should participate in a club, most of the time you think about how it may benefit you after high school or how good it will look on your resume. And there’s nothing wrong with that! It’s actually good that most people tend to base their decisions on the hope of having a stellar resume, because it opens them up to more opportunities. Sometimes, though, it can be healthy and fun to take up on a new hobby just because you enjoy it. Whether it’s for future business or current pleasure, extracurricular activities are for everyone, but choosing which ones to participate in can be an issue. To solve that problem, here’s a list of different clubs and activities within Chelsea High School that may just be what you’re looking for:

Are you interested in music, acting, singing, dancing, or really anything in-between? Then check out. . .

Chelsea House Orchestra
What do you get when you squish a whole bunch of band geeks and orchestra dorks into a small room? Amazing fiddle music! CHO is a great club for exploring music that you typically don’t learn in regular music classes and can act as a great opportunity to show off your talents across the world– literally. This past summer, the group of funky fiddlers toured Scotland, and they only have more exciting adventures to look forward to in the future.
When? Each Wednesday at around 6:00 pm.
Where? The orchestra room at CHS.
Who? Anyone! Particularly band and orchestra students, but all are welcome if they are willing to put in the time and work towards expanding their musical abilities.
Contact Mr. Fritzemeier if you have any questions, concerns, or would like to join.

Theater Guild
It’s opening night and your heart is pounding. You’re about to go on stage in your chair costume and sing a song about how you fell in love with some plate. It’s spontaneous and beautiful! The theater guild offers three different opportunities throughout the year that all allow you to express the same thing: you!
Fall musical – Through dancing, singing, and acting, the fall musical brings to life popular musical choices such as this year’s show, 42nd Street, and last year’s Beauty and the Beast. Although the opportunity to join the fall musical for this year has passed, there are auditions during the spring for next year’s musical.
One Act – You’ve got a small amount of time to portray a large, meaningful story, and you have to fit all of your props and set into a small area. Do you accept this challenge? The opportunity for joining the One Act team this year has also passed, but feel free to watch the public performance on Friday, February 3rd at 7pm in the auditorium for a taste of what this annual competition-based performance has to offer and consider swinging by auditions next winter.
Spring Play – Are you tired of being your usual self? Do you want to step into the shoes of a World War 1 soldier, a futuristic alien, a pirate, or even a piece of furniture? Then the spring play is perfect for you! From developing your acting career, to meeting super cool people, the spring play is a wonderful opportunity for everyone with an interest in theater. Contact Kat Altman and listen to upcoming school announcements for more information.

Company C
Energy. Laughter. Singing. Fun. Excitement. So many positive words can be used to describe one simple ensemble of music-loving artists. How do they do it all? I guess you’ll just have to find out! Imagine a huge cuddle puddle of choir geeks and lovable musicians combined with amazing instructors. Imagine working your butt off and singing until your lungs are as dry as prunes and dancing until your feet fall off. You know what the result of all that work, time, and effort is? It’s a one-of-a-kind show that will leave you begging on your hands and knees for more.
So, do you want to be a part of this meme-loving cult? You’ve missed auditions for this year, but next year’s fall auditions are a brand a clean slate, so tap your way into Mr. Hinz’s room, smile bright, and sing like there’s no tomorrow!

Are you interested in science, math, or a combination of both? Do you wish to better this world by having a green thumb or by creating robots (that may or may not rule the future)?!? Then check out. . . 

Biology Club
What do you fear? Clowns, spiders, and dementors? Well, what about global warming and pollution? Environmental concerns have been ignored for far too long, and the dangers of pollution and global climate change are real.  Why not do something about it? This year, the Bio Club’s goal is to get CHS certified as a green school, and with the help of students all throughout the school, we can do it! Meet us every other Wednesday morning at 7:40 am in Mrs. Reiser’s room for juice and donuts and to discuss different plans of action for making our school more environmentally friendly.

Science Olympiad
Mission Impossible? Sign me up for that! Experimental design? Sign us up for that! Game on? Let’s do it! When a student thinks of science, what do they think about? Frogs, periodic tables, atoms, safety googles, and lab procedures, which I think we can all agree are kind of the worst. But what if instead, you started to think about science as a dark tunnel that you can only see so much of with your small flashlight? The knowledge you have about science right now is the light shown from your itty-bitty flashlight, and the knowledge you could have is a large light that would let you see everything in the cave. The best part is that you get to decide which tunnel you want to take. Come along for the ride and see what there is to see by joining Science Olympiad!
You can contact Mrs. Matias or any Science Olympiad member to get involved or meet us in Mrs. Mattias’ room each Tuesday and Wednesday right after school.

Robotics Team
Who says robots won’t take over the world someday? Who says you can’t hurry the process along? You may know how to enter some letters into Word or maybe some numbers into Sheets, but don’t you want to learn how to write in programming languages or how to construct… pretty much anything? Of course you do! Now contact Mr. Moss and get involved with Robotics@

Can you speak a language besides English (specifically Spanish)? Do you want to learn how to speak a foreign language (specifically Spanish)? Or do you want to just learn about different cultures all across the globe (specifically in Spain)? Fantastic! Check out. . .

Spanish Club
Aprender a hablar un idioma es una cosa, pero el aprendizaje de la cultura detrás de un idioma es una experiencia completamente diferente amd muchas veces más divertido. Have the experience of learning all about different cultures from what type of food they eat to the way they dance. Want to get involved? Contact Mrs. Sinacola!

Are you interested in writing, voicing you opinion, and collaborating with others who share the same interests that you do? Perfect! Check out. . .

Creative Writing Club
Imagine that you’re sitting in school and your English teacher tells you that you have an essay you have to write about the differences between allusions and illusions. Oh, and it’s due in two days. Inevitably, in this situation a cacophony or groans from students who sound like they just died on the inside will arise in the classroom, but there are also the students that start to question their whole existence, why they’re there, and what their future is going to be like now that they have this essay to write. Now, imagine sitting in Creative Writing Club, surrounded by people who love writing and are more than welcome to help you discover something that you want to write about.  It’s your turn to decide whether you want to write about a fictional short story with a complicated love triangle with vampires and werewolves or escaping from a town that was too small for your character’s dreams, a poem about something super sad or super funny, or something else entirely. Whatever you desire! Want to join? Contact Mrs. Sinacola.

The Bleu Print
“Lonnie Mitchell: The Man, The Legend.” Student and teacher spotlights. “5 Healthy Ways to Deal With High School Stress.” Life advice. “Homecoming Highlights.” School events. “The Right to Bear Arms, Legs, and Midriffs.” Opinions. “Get Involved.” Helpful information. The possibilities for articles to read and write in The Voice of CHS–this newspaper–are truly endless. The Bleu Print gives you the opportunity to voice your opinions, show off your writing skills, and keep up with the drama of high school. Plus, there’s free pizza at every meeting, so I guess now you have to join. Meet us every other Friday in the journalism room. Contact editors Zia Pentescu, Julia Van Goor, or advisor Mr. Schilt with any questions.

Yearbook
Making memories is easy and exciting, but keeping those memories is completely different. Through photographs and quotes, your school dances, events, teachers, and friends, all of your high school memories are recorded with the yearbook. From embarrassing school pictures to energetic student sections, the yearbook creates a picture book of your high school experience. Do you want to be a part of remembering and capturing your high school memories? Then meet up with fellow photographers and writers in the journalism room each Monday after school to create something amazing. Contact editors Shaunna Caffrey, Ayla Raye-Leonard, Morgan Barber, or advisor Mr. Zainea with any questions.