The Bleu Print

Live for Today

Destiny Hadley, Writer

Everyday we wake up and we live the life we choose to live. We have choices, opinions, and options. We don’t have to go to school, but most of us choose to just go and get it over with. We hurl our bodies out of the pile of blankets we have buried ourselves under and shut off the sound that does a good job of sending shivers up our backs. Sometimes, I feel that as humans we do nothing but the same things everyday; that life itself is nothing but a day that repeats itself until there are no more days to repeat. I decided to take some time to sit and ponder this thought and let me tell you, it got deeper then I ever would’ve imagined.

We all have choices everyday–even if it’s as small as deciding what outfit to wear for a certain event. We constantly, unknowingly make decisions that quickly become routine and can cause us to forget that we hold the power to guide our future in any way we wish. Even if our choice doesn’t affect the future we will live in ten years, it might affect our lives in the next ten minutes. So, maybe tomorrow when you go to eat breakfast, take a step back and ask yourself: do you really want to eat the same cereal you’ve been eating for the past week? Make your day a little more spontaneous and cook an omelet instead! Some days we may come to a “fork in the road” where we have to sit and decide what is best for us and make decisions regarding the future. Each day is a new chance, a new page, and a new opportunity to live the life you wish. Sure, some decisions take time, but if you feel strongly towards something, you’ll find a way to accomplish it. Don’t let the short amount of time you have on this earth be spent sulking about events that have happened in the past that you can not change. It is normal to feel empathy for others and sadness for yourself, but don’t allow yourself to fall into a negative mindset. Sometimes, there will be things we can not control, and we have to just accept what happens. Allow yourself time to heal, but push yourself to know your worth and to remember that nobody knows what tomorrow will bring. What might seem like bad luck now could turn out to be in fact good luck in the future. Life is full of unexpected events and we never 100% know what will come of a new day. All I ask is for you to live for today. Do not live for what you think will happen in the future or what has happened in the past. If you don’t like the direction you picture your life going in, then do something about it. The world is in your hands–I beg of you to not take that for granted.